Fatigue is one of the common symptoms we see in our clinics every day.
When people are unable to manage stress effectively, they suffer physical, mental and nervous exhaustion, leading to ill-health and diminished quality of life. Ayurvedic approaches however, can help overcome this condition.
Ayurvedic perspective on adrenal fatigue
Among the 5 types of vatas, prana vata moves up into head and supports the nervous function, while apana vata moves down into the pelvis supporting reproductive, adrenal and eliminative functions.
During stress however, the apana vata moves up to the head to provide extra support to theprana vata. If this situation persists, the reproductive, adrenal and eliminative functions become depleted leading to fatigue and other health problems.
Symptoms of Adrenal fatigue
- Constant tiredness
- Inability to cope with stress
- Low libido and sexual interest
- Lower back pain around kidneys area
- Foggy mind and irritation
- Craving for sweet foods
- Yawning and laziness
- Recurrent infections
- Wake up very tired
Ayurvedic Management of Adrenal Fatigue
Ayurvedic herbs for adrenal fatigue
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Shilajit (Mineral pitch)
- Yastimadhu (Licorice)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Aswagandha (Withania somnifera)
Diet for adrenal fatigue
- Avoid cold, frozen, leftover, fermented, or preserved food.
- Enjoy fresh, cooked, seasonal, warm diets.
- Drink plenty of warm water and herbal teas.
- Include green leafy vegetables and fruits in the regular diet.
Stress management for adrenal fatigue
- Learn good time and energy management skills
- Cultivate mindfulness in daily life
- Choose light exercise such as yoga, tai chi, chi gong
- Practise meditation and spiritual awareness.
Before commencing any therapies or herbal remedies, we recommended you consult one of our expert ayurvedic doctors in either of our Brisbane or Gold Coast clinics. They will diagnose your specific conditions and provide a personalised program for your health and wellness.