Lassi is a famous and refreshing drink not exclusively for summer. Lassi is an another name for Ayurvedic butter milk. When you visit an Indian restaurant, you will see different varieties of Lassi on the menu. This is an important part of Ayurvedic menu especially for lunch and it is recommended to drink Lassi together with lunch. There are many variants to the basic lassi recipe. Today, we will discuss how to prepare Sweet Lassi at home.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Serving: 2 person
- Natural Yogurt: 5 Cup
- Ice Cubes: Small 4-5
- Sugar or Jaggery: 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder: ¼ Tsp
- Rose essence: ¼ Tsp (Optional)
- Cream(Malai) or Butter(Makhan): 1 tbsp
- Mix natural yogurt, sugar, and rose essence together and put in the mixer jar. Run the mixer for 2 minutes.
- Then add ice cubes in the mixture and blend it for 1 minute.
- Top with cream (malai) (optional).
- If the mixture is too thick add a little milk to adjust consistency and blend once more.
- The final mixture is called Sweet Lassi and it is ready to serve.
- You can flavor with cardamom powder, saffron, dry fruits, nuts and fruits like mango, papaya, banana and more.
- You can use slightly sour yogurt which works best.