Turmeric is a god-blessed spice with wonderful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is a panacea for many health problems. According to Ayurveda, a kitchen without turmeric is not a kitchen. The use of turmeric not only gives a nice golden color to your food, it increases the nutritional and medicinal value of your food and converts the food into effective medicines. Today we will discuss how to prepare this wonderful Golden Turmeric Drink.
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Black paper powder 1/4th teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder 1pinch
- Cinnamon powder 2 pinches
- Cardamom pods-2
- Honey (as a sweetener) Optional
- 1 Cup of Milk
A. Put all the above ingredients except honey in the blender until smoothly blended.
B. Pour this solution into a sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat – but not boiling.
C. Golden milk is ready to serve. Drink it warm.
- Research shows, when curcumin in Turmeric is combined with black pepper, its bioavailability significantly increases. Therefore the combination of Turmeric and black pepper is very effective.
- If you are not drinking animal milk, you can use vegetable milks like coconut milk, almond milk, soya milk etc.
Golden milk is the best recipe to get all the health benefits of Turmeric in daily life. The best time to drink is before bed that helps to improve sleep and boost up the immune system