Abhyanga (Ayurvedic Oil Massage) Training Course-Brisbane
17th and 18th of June 2017
Time: 10am to 5pm
Day 1: Theory on basic principles of Ayurveda and Abhyanga- 3 hours
Practical demonstration with hands on practice – 4 hours
Day 2: Theory on Abhyanga- 2 hours
Practical demonstration with hands on practice – 5 hours
Delivery method: Face-to-Face
Ayurvedic massage, known as Abhyanga, originated in India thousands of years ago. Abhyanga uses long fluid movements to massage warm herbalised oils into the body’s tissues. The massage benefits both your nervous and endocrine systems, enhances blood and lymphatic circulation, improves muscle tone and reduces free radical activity within your body. It also helps to loosen any deep seated tissue toxins and stimulates your body’s natural ability to heal.
What you will learn
This course offers a unique opportunity to be able to acquire specific skills in Abhyanga (Ayurvedic Oil Massage). The course consists of theoretical as well as practical knowledge with hands-on training. You will gain the practical skills required to give Abhyanga according to your client’s individual requirements. By the end of the course, you will be able to begin offering Abhyanga treatments with confidence.
• Fundamental principles of Ayurveda.
• Determine the body type (Doshas) of the client.
• Basic principles of Ayurvedic therapies.
• Ayurvedic Anatomy and physiology.
• Indications, contraindications and precautions of Abhyanga.
• Practical demonstrations.
• Traditional Abhyanga techniques and basic Marma point application.
• Determine what Ayurvedic herbal oil is required to suit the client’s dosha and condition.
• How to customize Abhyanga to suit the individual and their condition.
• Work in pairs giving and receiving Abhyanga treatments under supervision.
You will receive detailed instructional handouts of the Abhyanga routine and Marma.
Who this course is for
• Professionals and students linked to the area of massage, health and wellbeing.
• Ayurvedic practitioners/students, beauty and spa therapists, health professionals and yoga teachers.
• Others who have an interest in learning authentic Ayurvedic therapies.
No prerequisites required although familiarity with Ayurveda or bodywork is beneficial.
A certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the course.
This course is approved by International Institute for Complementary Therapists. Hence, you will get insurance through them as student as well as for your practice.
The training course will require minimum numbers of participants. Vibrant Ayurveda reserves its right to cancel the program if this criteria is not met and will provide a full refund including deposit. You will be notified at least two weeks prior to the start of training.
We will require a minimum of two weeks’ notice if you cannot attend the training program for any reason. A refund will not be provided if you give less than two weeks’ notice for the cancellation.