Ayurveda Lifestyle Course
4 weeks of an intensive natural path to healing
Time: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Location: Vibrant Ayurveda, Brisbane clinic
Cost: $120/week; book 4 weeks for $400
This course is designed for anyone who is seeking a holistic path to well-being and balance. The motto of Ayurvedic medicine is “You are your own doctor” and by the end of this course, you will be qualified to be your own doctor, nurse, yoga teacher, cook, nutritionist, psychologist, herbalist and healer. Tailored to meet the demands of a modern lifestyle with the knowledge of a 5000-year-old science, this course will reveal the secrets of the Ayurvedic lifestyle and the remedies to heal ailments naturally.
Are you ready to be your master and holistic healer? Are you a health professionals seeking to widen your knowledge of holistic healing to support your clients?
During these 4 weeks, you will deeply go inside the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda
- Doshas (Mind-body constitution) Gunas (Mind-Constitution) and Vikriti (Imbalances)
- Ayurvedic rituals, routine, seasonal Regimens
- Ayurveda diet, nutrition and Cooking
- Yoga philosophy and Ayurveda
- Ayurveda pathology and Diagnosis concepts
- Ayurvedic home remedies and herbal medicine
- Ayurveda Detox (Panchakarma)
Duration: 3 hours each week.
Week 1 : Sept 1 2018
Fundamentals of Ayurveda
- Identify the philosophical foundation of Ayurveda
- Understand what is life and know the pillars of life
- To recognize Ayurveda as a traditional current medical system, the oldest in the world
- Explain the theory of the five elements, the three doshas and the mental qualities
- Identify the characteristics of each element and dosha.
- Identify the factors that change the balance
- Understand the concept of Dhatu (tissues) and Shrotas (Channels)
Week 2 Sept 8 2018
Balancing dosha (Mind-Body Constitution)
- To identify the determinants of body constitution
- Differentiate between body constitution and doshic imbalance
- Correlate the doshic and mental type
- Reflect on your own doshic constitution through the use of questionnaires
- Identify and recognize the best Yoga according to your doshas and imbalances.
- Describe the characteristics that produce or aggravate imbalances of Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Design a formula to balance Doshas and Gunas with diet and lifestyle
- Diet according to your body type and imbalances.
Week 3 Sept 15 2018
- Learn how to use Ayurveda in daily life
- Daily rituals and routines as explained in Ayurveda.
- Identify the influences of seasonal variations, and helpful seasonal regimens.
- Understand the concept of toxins and detox
- Learn how to setup a detox clinic at home and how to do a self-detox
Week 4 Sept 22 2018
Home detox & kitchen remedies
- Recognize non-invasive processes for determining imbalances and disorders
- Understand the disease and its stages
- Learn how to do a self-diagnosis of your tongue, pulse, eyes, nails, etc.
- Discover the pharmacy in your kitchen
- Introduction to major Ayurvedic herbs and Ayurvedic preparations
- Learn how to prepare some home remedies in your kitchen
Summary of the course
At the end of the course, you will be able to understand
- Life from a holistic view, beyond mind and body.
- Ayurveda as a time tested medicine
- Recognise the presence of the basic five elements in everything.
- Diagnose your original life energy and state of mind, and identify your formula for balance.
- Nutrition, immunity and how to improve immunity
- Understand diet as medicine.
- Manage your life, and learn how to live a healthy, happy and organized life.
- The need for Yoga in modern life
- How to make your own home remedies and pick Ayurveda herbs.
- How to make your own diagnosis.
- Toxins, Panchakarma and how to do a self-detox.