Retreat in the Himalayas – March- April 2024
Yoga Trek, Tour and Ayurveda Detox Retreat
[Held in the Majestic Himalayas of Nepal]
20 March – 6 April 2024
Nepal is a country offering a heaven-like beauty found nowhere else on Earth. It is undoubtedly a country rich in natural beauty and destinations with its massive Himalayan glaciers, pristine lakes, waterfalls, and lush forests that cover the land like an emerald carpet. Adorned and enriched with diversity encompassing innumerable gifts full of wonders as well as complimenting a state of solitude. Nepal is a heaven-like destination perfect for beautiful vacations with a gorgeous Himalayan tapestry to the north. Adorned with many places of worship, the opulent monasteries, temples and chortens (shrines) which add a spiritual ambience to your experience. Even if you have been to Nepal before – once is not enough!
Experience Blissful Nepal: Yoga Trek, Tour, and Ayurveda Detox Retreat with Vibrant Ayurveda
Are you ready to embark on a holistic journey that rejuvenates your body, mind, and soul? Join Vibrant Ayurveda for an extraordinary Nepal adventure in March-April, where yoga, trekking, cultural exploration, and Ayurveda detox seamlessly blend to create an unforgettable experience.
Why Choose Our Nepal Yoga Trek and Ayurveda Detox Retreat?
🧘 Yoga Amidst Nature: Practice yoga amidst the awe-inspiring backdrop of the Himalayas. Our expert yoga instructors will guide you in sessions that nurture your well-being and deepen your practice.
🏔️ Trekking Adventures: Embark on thrilling treks through the Annapurna and Langtang regions, where you’ll witness breathtaking vistas, pristine landscapes, and local villages.
🌿 Ayurvedic Detox: Restore balance and vitality with our Ayurveda detox program. Experience rejuvenating treatments, personalized dietary plans, and mindfulness practices.
🏰 Cultural Exploration: Immerse yourself in Nepal’s rich culture with visits to ancient temples, monasteries, and vibrant markets. Participate in local festivals and ceremonies for an authentic experience.
🏞️ Natural Wonders: Discover Nepal’s natural beauty, from serene lakes to lush forests. Explore Phewa Lake in Pokhara, go wildlife spotting in Chitwan, and more.
What’s Included in Your Retreat:
🏨 Comfortable Accommodations: Stay in carefully selected accommodations that blend modern comfort with local charm.
✈️ Transportation: We’ve got your travel logistics covered, ensuring a seamless journey throughout your retreat.
🌱 Nourishing Meals: Enjoy wholesome, Ayurvedic meals tailored to your dosha (body type), supporting your detox journey while in Ayurveda Health Resort.
📅 Flexible Scheduling: Our retreats offer flexibility, so you can choose the duration and activities that align with your preferences.
📞 Expert Guidance: Benefit from the wisdom of experienced yoga instructors, trekking guides, and Ayurvedic practitioners.
Book Your Nepal Yoga Trek and Ayurveda Detox Retreat Today!
Spaces for this transformative journey are limited, so don’t miss the chance to experience Nepal in a way that invigorates your body and soul. Secure your spot now!
Elevate your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and create lasting memories with Vibrant Ayurveda’s Nepal Yoga Trek, Tour, and Ayurveda Detox Retreat. Unearth the magic of Nepal in a way that leaves you renewed and inspired.
Awaken Your Senses and Discover the Beauty of Nepal with Vibrant Ayurveda!
Explore Nepal and Yoga Trek & Ayurveda Detox Retreat 2024
Part 1: Poon Hill trek with daily yoga.
Part 2: An awe and adventure exploration of Nepal
Part 3: Health-promoting and lifestyle improvers as we focus on your health and well-being in a beautiful Ayurveda Health Resort near Kathmandu valley. (Optional)
NEPAL RETREAT ITINERARY 2024
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- A local professional guide will take you to various religious and historical locations in the Kathmandu Valley. Options are Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple (one of the most sacred Hindu shrines across the world), all world heritage listed with UNESCO. Stupas (shrine or monument) are of significant spiritual importance here.
- Welcome Group Dinner including representatives, at a traditional Nepalese restaurant with cultural music and dance.
- Fly to Pokhara
- Depart to the domestic airport (flight cost not included in price – approx $200 AUD). Commence trek on the same day.
Day 2 – 6: Yoga trek to Poon Hill (Recommended fitness level -Medium)
Poon Hill trek is one of the most popular treks in the world. The uniqueness of our trek is incorporating an experience of yoga and meditation and individualized professional care from the team of experienced guides and sherpas. Every day the trek will start with yoga-stretching and end with relaxing/rejuvenating yoga in the evening. After an early breakfast you will then begin your trek to the world-renowned Poon Hill – one of the best and most popular trekking routes. It is extremely picturesque with the natural beauty of the forest, mountains, the Himalayas, Nepalese and Tibetan culture and people. Overnight stays will be in countryside hotels and guest houses. Trekking involves 5 to 6 hours per day with time to see, feel and photograph the natural beauty of this Himalayan region.
During this trek toPoon Hill, you will experience fascinating views and you will walk through villages and terraced farmland to the alpine environments found at the higher elevations. This is undoubtedly a stunning trek in the heart of the Annapurna range. Also, your health will be supported with nutritionally balanced meals and accommodation in high end hotels/motels during the trek.
Day 07 & 08: Relax in Pokhara
* Two days opportunity to relax and sightsee. Guided tours can be organized to historic sites along with shopping and enjoying traditional cuisine.
Day 09: (To be confirmed)
* Village experience and school help program with cultural music. Stay overnight in a country hotel. (If time permits and if we get enough interests from participants).
Otherwise, will be extended to Pokhara for adventure activities in Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive to Chitwan
* Depart after breakfast to Chitwan, a wonderful little town famous for its National Park and safari activities. It is a pleasurable 3 to 4-hour drive along the mighty Trisuli River. Arrive at Chitwan for lunch. Your personal guide will discuss activities and adventures during your stay.
Day 11 : Safari Adventures
* Safari options include the jungle safari in a jeep, visiting the breeding centre and elephant feeding. Also includes a wonderful canoe ride down the river and a village tour. Be in awe of the amazing sunset, followed by a wonderful cultural program and dinner.
Day 12 : Drive to Kathmandu
* Depart after breakfast and drive a picturesque 200km back to Kathmandu. Settle into Ayurveda Health Home and enjoy your free time.
Day 13-18 Commence Ayurvedic detoxification/rejuvenation program from today (Optional)
* Detox Panchakarma Program … a personalized healing therapy program.
* The Ayurvedic Health Resort is not far from Kathmandu. It sits in the middle of a beautiful rainforest in the mountains. Your individually prepared Ayurvedic detox program is designed by the Ayurvedic doctors in Brisbane, prior to your leaving. A team of experienced Ayurvedic specialist doctors and therapists at the resort will take daily care of your health and detox program. Freshly made Ayurvedic meals are provided and suited to your personalized detox plan. Classical yoga sessions will start your day. An addition is celebrating a Nepalese festival with your Nepalese friends and family while at the health resort.
Please note that the treatment program goes for 5 days. All the cost for accommodation, food and at least one treatment per day is included in the price. We will plan and provide the treatment details after your consultation in the Brisbane clinic prior to departure.
Day 19: Return to airport or destination
Please feel free to contact Dr.Pradeep Neupane on 0452506389 if you have any questions.
Cost for twin share
Cost Early Bird Price: $2950.00 (Excludes Ayurvedic Detox)
Cost Early Bird Price: $4950.00 Includes Ayurveda detox retreat
(till December 2023 for April retreat full payment is required by this time)
Full Price: $3500.00 (Excludes Ayurvedic Detox)
Full Price: $6000.00 (Includes Ayurveda Detox Retreat)
(Single supplement available in Chitwan, Pokhara and health resort for an additional $800)
We take a small non-refundable deposit of $500 to confirm your bookings and the balance can be paid on the end of early bird day or 2 months prior to the event for full price. You may call us with your credit card details or come to our center for the payment.
Alternatively, you may transfer the funds electronically into our account:
BSB: 014274 A/C: 289194431
Account Name: Vibrant Ayurveda
(Please email us your details and receipt of the payment if you prefer to choose this payment method.)
Cancellation Policy: We understand that unexpected things may happen. If you need to cancel your booking prior to 2 months of the retreat start date we will provide a full refund (less the deposit). Unfortunately, no refunds will be made for less than 2 months’ notice for cancellation as everything will be booked and paid in advance.
Note: The retreat requires the registration of a minimum number of participants. The retreat team reserves the right to cancel the retreat no later than 2 months prior and a full refund of all paid monies if the minimum number of registrations is not met. Also, the itinerary provided is as a guide only and changes as per the local condition and advice from the local managers.
Services Included in the Cost
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Welcome dinner (drinks not included) of authentic cuisine in Kathmandu.
- All accommodations and breakfast in high-class hotels/ resorts.
- All jungle activities in Chitwan National Park.
- Accommodation in hotel/motels or guest houses while trekking.
- Vegetarian Meals ( fresh fruits, organic vegetables and local and/or continental meal) on full board (breakfast, lunch(Nepali Daal, Bhat and Tarkari) and dinner(one main course from the menu and desert if available) during the trek.
- An experienced English speaking guide in Kathmandu and Pokhara city tour Authorized guide, cook, sherpas, porters and helpers during the trek along with their food, insurance, equipment, transportation, local tax and salary. Medical supplies (first aid kit).
- Sherpa to carry your bags up to 10kg.
- All road transportation (city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara; Pokhara- Bandipur-Chitwan -Kathmandu drive) by bus. All entrance fees, fees for TIMS (trekker’s information management system) and entry fees for conservation areas and National Park. Unique souvenir.
Services Excluded in the Cost
- Your travel airfare and taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara except welcome & farewell dinner (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled plan)
- Any extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary plan
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal trekking Equipment Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, bar bills, bottle or boiled water, hot shower
- Tips for driver, guides and porters
- Cost arising out of landslides, road blockade, and rescue of any form, cancellation of flight or reasons beyond our control
- Any extending trips
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
Explanation for the activities:
Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is a vibrant and historic city with a rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the top sights to see when visiting Kathmandu:
- Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple): Located on a hilltop overlooking the city, the Swayambhunath Stupa is one of the most iconic landmarks in Kathmandu. The stupa is surrounded by monkeys and offers stunning views of the city.
- Pashupatinath Temple: This ancient Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Nepal. The temple complex is located on the banks of the Bagmati River and is known for its beautiful architecture.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to several palaces, temples, and courtyards that date back to the 16th century. The square is a showcase of Newari architecture and is a hub of cultural activity.
- Boudhanath Stupa: The Boudhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world and is a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists. The stupa is surrounded by shops and restaurants, and is a great place to explore the local culture.
- Thamel: Thamel is a popular tourist district in Kathmandu that is known for its lively atmosphere, street markets, and a wide variety of shops and restaurants.
- Garden of Dreams: This tranquil garden is located in the heart of Kathmandu and offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. The garden features beautiful landscaping, fountains, and pavilions.
Overall, Kathmandu is a fascinating city with a rich history and cultural heritage. From ancient temples to bustling markets, there is no shortage of sights to see and experiences to be had in this vibrant city.
About Poonhill Trekking in Nepal:
Trekking in Poon Hill, Nepal is a popular and significant experience for many reasons. Here are some of the key significance of trekking in Poon Hill:
- Breathtaking Scenery: Poon Hill offers some of the most stunning panoramic views of the Himalayan range, including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks. Trekking through the lush forests and beautiful landscapes of the region is an unforgettable experience.
- Cultural Experience: The Poon Hill trek offers a unique opportunity to experience the cultural traditions of the local Gurung and Magar communities. Trekking through the picturesque villages, you’ll have the chance to meet the locals, learn about their way of life, and try their delicious cuisine.
- Accessibility: The Poon Hill trek is accessible to a wide range of trekking enthusiasts, from beginners to experienced hikers. It’s a relatively short and easy trek, making it perfect for those who want to experience the beauty of the Himalayas without undertaking a more strenuous trek.
- Adventure: While the Poon Hill trek is accessible, it still offers plenty of adventure and excitement, from crossing suspension bridges to hiking through dense forests and steep hills.
- Spiritual Experience: Trekking through the serene landscapes of Poon Hill can also be a spiritual experience, offering an opportunity to connect with nature, cultivate mindfulness and find inner peace.
Overall, trekking in Poon Hill is a truly unique and significant experience, offering a chance to experience the beauty and cultural richness of Nepal, while also providing a sense of adventure and spiritual renewal.
Adventure in Pokhara
Looking for an unforgettable adventure in Nepal? Look no further than Pokhara!
Nestled in the Himalayas, Pokhara is a picturesque city with stunning views of snow-capped mountains, serene lakes, and lush forests. It’s the perfect destination for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and those looking to unwind and relax.
With our Pokhara tour, you’ll have the opportunity to explore all that this beautiful city has to offer. You’ll embark on a scenic boat ride on Phewa Lake, surrounded by breathtaking views of the Annapurna range. You’ll also visit the World Peace Pagoda, a stunning Buddhist monument that offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valley.
For those seeking adventure, Pokhara offers plenty of thrilling activities, including paragliding, zip-lining, and bungee jumping. You’ll have the opportunity to soar high above the city, taking in the stunning views from above.
And after a day of exploring and adventure, you’ll be able to relax and unwind in one of Pokhara’s many world-class spas and wellness centers. From massages to yoga classes, Pokhara has everything you need to rejuvenate your body and mind.
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the natural beauty and adventure of Pokhara.
Safari in Chitwan
Chitwan National Park is one of the top wildlife destinations in Nepal, offering an unforgettable safari experience. Here are some of the top attractions you can expect to see on a safari in Chitwan:
- Bengal Tigers: Chitwan is home to over 120 Bengal tigers, making it one of the best places in the world to see these majestic animals in the wild.
- One-horned Rhinoceros: The park is also home to a large population of one-horned rhinoceros, which were once on the brink of extinction.
- Elephant Rides: One of the most popular ways to explore the park is on the back of an elephant. You’ll have a unique vantage point from which to spot wildlife and navigate through the dense jungle.
- Birdwatching: Chitwan is a paradise for birdwatchers, with over 550 species of birds recorded in the park, including kingfishers, egrets, and hornbills.
- Crocodile spotting: The park is also home to several species of crocodiles, including the endangered gharial.
- Tharu Culture: The Tharu people are the indigenous inhabitants of the Chitwan region and have a rich cultural heritage. You can visit their villages, experience their traditional dances, and learn about their way of life.
In addition to these attractions, there are also opportunities for jungle walks, canoe rides, and jeep safaris. You’ll have the chance to explore the diverse ecosystems of the park, from grasslands to riverine forests, and encounter a wide range of wildlife along the way.
A safari in Chitwan National Park is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, offering a glimpse into the incredible diversity of Nepal’s wildlife and cultural heritage.
One of Best Time to Travel Nepal- March/April
March and April are excellent months for travel in Nepal. During this time, Nepal experiences spring, which is considered one of the best seasons for visiting the country. Here’s what you can expect during your travel to Nepal in March and April:
1. Pleasant Weather: March and April offer mild and comfortable temperatures in most parts of Nepal. The days are generally warm, and the nights are cool. It’s an ideal time for outdoor activities like trekking and sightseeing.
2. Blooming Rhododendrons: Nepal’s hills and mountains come alive with colorful rhododendron blossoms during spring, creating stunning landscapes, especially in areas like the Annapurna and Langtang regions.
3. Clear Skies: The skies are generally clear during this time, providing excellent visibility for mountain views. You can get breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest.
4. Trekking Opportunities: March and April are perfect for trekking in Nepal. Popular trekking routes like the Annapurna Circuit, Everest Base Camp, and Langtang Valley are accessible, and the trails are not as crowded as during peak season.
5. Festivals and Culture: Nepal celebrates various festivals during spring, including Holi, the festival of colors, and Buddha Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Lord Buddha. This is a great opportunity to witness and participate in cultural celebrations.
6. Wildlife and Nature: Visit national parks like Chitwan and Bardia for wildlife safaris. You can spot rhinoceroses, tigers, elephants, and various bird species during your jungle adventures.
7. Comfortable Accommodation: March and April are considered the tourist season, so you’ll have a wide range of accommodation options to choose from, including guesthouses, lodges, and hotels.
8. Adventure Sports: Besides trekking, you can enjoy other adventure sports like paragliding, zip-lining, and white-water rafting in Nepal’s rivers.
9. Less Rainfall: Unlike the monsoon season, which starts around June, March and April have significantly less rainfall, making it more pleasant for outdoor activities.
10. Diverse Landscapes: Nepal offers diverse landscapes, from the high Himalayas to the lush lowlands. You can explore everything from mountain villages to dense jungles during your visit.
Keep in mind that while March and April are generally great for travel in Nepal, weather conditions can vary, so it’s advisable to check the specific region you plan to visit for weather forecasts and any potential trekking permits you might need. Additionally, it’s a good idea to book your accommodations and activities in advance, especially if you plan to visit popular tourist destinations.
Feedback for the recent retreat:
Video testimonial from Steven and Janet
“Just got home from the wonderful 3 week trip to Nepal that included 5 day trek on part of the Annapurna Circuit up to Poon Hill. It was spectacular. It was tough at times but the porters & guides were fabulous. At the end of the day & in the morning before breakfast our yoga teacher helped us do stretches so we were good to go for the day.
We were very lucky with the weather, only one day of light rain. We all enjoyed Pokhara were we visited various sites & had time to shop for gifts. It’s a lovely city & you still have views of the wonderful Annapurna Ranges.
We stayed at a fabulous hotel & staff were very attentive. We then visited Chitwan which was interesting & then flew back to Kathmandu to the Ayurveda Health Home. The Health Home was wonderful especially to be in-house for the detox program with lots of massages, herbal drinks to prepare & then help the elimination process. It’s a new building on the hillside of a lovely valley which received good sun. The care was excellent.
While we were there we were taken out one evening to the Diwali Festival which was wonderful to experience. Most houses were lit up with coloured lights. I would also like to mention that Dipendra who organised the tour – Walk in Nepal’ was fabulous – he arranged all the transport, tour guides, accommodation & was with us the whole way till we went to the health home but was there to see us to the bus on the way to the airport. He was so helpful with requests & made sure all went smoothly.
If I ever go back to Nepal, I’ll certainly use his services. If you’ve been thinking about this trip I would certainly recommend doing it.”
Offers - Early Bird Registration Discount
Cost - AUD 4950