16 night / 17 day
Trek, Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat
10 to 27 October 2019
Sunshine Yoga & Health / Walk In Nepal Trekking / Vibrant Ayurveda
As part of our hugely successful regular Yoga, Ayurveda & Detox Retreats in the Himalayan country of Nepal, we are delighted to present another very special Ayurveda Yoga Detox (Panchakarma) Retreat in Oct 2019. At this retreat, you will experience a unique blend of authentic Ayurvedic detox rejuvenation treatments along with classical yoga and meditation practice every day. The retreat, lasting one week, will be held in Pokhara, a Nepalese city renowned for its natural beauty.
Prior to the retreat, you will have a wonderful opportunity to explore the natural, cultural and historic beauty of Kathmandu, the fascinating capital city of Nepal. After visiting ancient artistic pagoda temples and interesting places in Kathmandu, we will take you to the world’s most famous national park in Chitwan for Jungle safari activities. Here you will see many of the sixty eight species of mammals, including Tigers and Rhinoceroses, protected in the Heritage Listed park. You will also enjoy a wonderful elephant ride. After this, you will explore the village life in a country town close to Himalayas where you will be heartily welcomed with a traditional cultural music and dance program held by the local villagers and school students. We will then head to Pokhara for the week long personalised Ayurvedic treatment and detox programme, which will be individually tailored to your needs by our team of experienced doctors prior to your departure from Australia.
Attractions of the Retreat
- Detox, rejuvenate and relax in one of the most naturally beautiful cities in the world, Pokhara, with a team of expert Ayurvedic doctors and therapists.
- Journey through the breath-taking beauty of the highest mountain ranges in the world Explore the diversity of culture and tradition.
- Join local sadhus [holy men] and take a pilgrimage to ancient temples and sacred spiritual sites. Energise with yoga and pranayama each morning in harmony with the natural beauty.
- Learn how to prepare healthy and balanced Ayurvedic meals using locally grown vegetables and grains.
- Most evenings after our fun-filled day of activities you will have the opportunity to stretch and relax with more yoga and meditation.
DAY 1 : 10 October 2019 : Arrival Kathmandu
Private mini-bus drive directly to Nagarkot. Settle in.
DAY 2 & 3 : 11 to 12 October 2019 : Nagarkot
Breakfast only provided
A day of discovering Nagarkot. Trekking in the mountains and villages. Maybe a massage (not included in package deal).
Relax and sit on the balcony with a wine or a coffee and cake, and enjoy the view.
DAY 3, 4, & 5 : 12 to 14 October 2019 : Chitwan
Breakfast. Travel to Chitwan and settle into hotel.
Dinner then off to a Cultural Program with traditional dance.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided
Enjoy the Jangal Safari through the Chitwan National Park. Ride down the river in a dug-out.
Walk to the river at sunset and settle with a wine and a view to behold.
DAY 5 & 6 : 14 to 15 October 2019 : School Bandipur
Breakfast. Depart Chitwan and travel to Bandipur.
Visit the school and present the children with gifts donated from Australia and Nepal.
Spend the night at a hotel high up on the hill. Dinner and an early night.
DAY 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 : 15 to 19 October 2019 : Annapurna Foothill Trekking
Breakfast and Depart for Pokhara and 5 days trekking. All meals provided. Twinshare only accommodation.
Medium to hard fitness level.
ALTERNATE ITINERARY IF NOT TREKKING – Based in Pokhara
DAY 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 : 15 to 19 October 2019 : Pokhara Itinerary
You will have a guide to take you out each day.
**Itinerary will be available soon**
DAY 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 : 19 to 25 October 2019 : Pokhara
Settle into hotel in Pokhara.
Breakfast only provided.
Ayurvedic Health Home – daily massage and two steam treatments.
Sightseeing, shopping and leisure time.
DAY 17 : 26 October 2019 : Free Day
A free day at your leisure
DAY 18 : 27 October : Depart Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu for departure back home.
RATES: EARLY BIRD (pay deposit before 1 March 2019) AUD$3995
AFTER 1 MARCH 2019 AUD$4595
DEPOSIT with booking AUD$800
- Twinshare – NonShare – if available – additional $300.
- Breakfast only is provided. However, 3 meals are provided at Chitwan, and the Trek.
- Transport by mini bus with personal driver to all destinations plus all transfers to and from airport.
- Lyn, Sunshine Yoga will be with the group at all times and will be a leader for the group.
- Tour guides, porters and organizers will be with the group throughout designated sections of the tour.
- Lyn will be providing yoga, relaxation, meditation, energisation or qi gong sessions in Pokhara and when appropriate at other locations.
- Daily Ayurveda Massage and 2 Steam Baths at Pokhara.
- Lyn will assist with booking flights, organizing travel insurance and Visa Application.
- Lyn offers a part-payment system to help you realise your amazing journey to Nepal – a monthly amount. For example: $3995 minus $800 (deposit) divided by 10 months = $319.50 per month or approximately $80 per week. It is a very simple and easy way to make you adventure a reality.
Services NOT included:
- All flights to and from Kathmandu, including internal flights are not included.
- Travel insurance (compulsory comprehensive travel insurance with cancellation clause is required), is not included
- Lunch and dinner not included in Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Pokhara and when in transit
- Specially prepared programs at Health Home and any other treatments that are not indicated in the Itinerary, are not included.
- Travel insurance
- A specially designed Photo Book prepared by Lyn of Sunshine Yoga will be available – usually at a cost of $80 to $120 (cost price).
- A no-refund policy applies. Travel insurance with a cancellation policy will cover any cancellation that has an accepted reason for not travelling.