Trek, Tour & Retreat in the Himalayas October 2018
23 October -6 November 2018
Early bird offer: $2800
(when paid in full before 30 June 2018)
From 1 July, 2018: $3300
We are proud to bring another life-changing journey though the pristine Himalayan mountains and valleys of Nepal. Join us to explore the beauty and culture of this spiritually-renowned location.
- Journey through the breath-taking beauty of the highest mountain ranges in the world.
- Explore the diversity of Nepalese culture, tradition and spirituality.
- Discover the ayurvedic healing secrets of Himalayan mountain herbs.
- Trek off the beaten path up to 3500 metres altitude in the Nepalese Himalayas.
- Join local Sadhus on a pilgrimage to ancient temples and sacred spiritual sites.
- Energise each morning in harmony with nature as we practise yoga and pranayama.
- Relax in the evenings after our fun-filled day of activities, with more yoga and meditation practice, if you desire.
- Enjoy gluten-free, vegetarian meals prepared by a professional cook during the trek.
- Participate in a cooking lesson and learn recipes for tasty Nepalese dishes.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits from the garden; you can even try edible jungle weeds if you wish.
- Take a tour to World Cultural Heritage sites in the Kathmandu valley.
- Join a jungle safari in Chitwan National Park (World Natural Heritage site)
- Experience a welcome ceremony in the village community and witness vibrant Nepali culture.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Our representatives will greet you at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and accompany you to the hotel. You will be briefed about the travel itinerary and given time to settle in. Overnight stay is at the hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Today, we explore fascinating Kathmandu. You will visit places of religious and historical significance listed as World Heritage cultural sites. They include Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple (one of the most sacred Hindu shrines across the world) Bouddhanath Stupa, and time permitting, Swayambhu Stupa. In the evening we invite you to join us at a welcome dinner in an authentic Nepalese restaurant in the city. Overnight stay is at the hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara
Today, we drive to Pokhara, which is situated around 200km west of Kathmandu along the mighty Trisuli and Marsyangdi rivers. Departing at 7am, it will take approximately six hours to arrive at our destination, while enjoying striking scenery all the way. After we check in at the hotel, we will spend the afternoon sightseeing at the International Mountain Museum, Davis Falls, Fewa Lake, Gupteshwar Cave, and other major attractions, as per time permits. Overnight stay is at the hotel.
Day 04: Trek to Tikhedhunga
Our first destination today is Naya Pul (42km by bus). An hour’s walk from Naya Pul, we arrive in the small and vibrant town of Birethanti. We follow a a beautiful trail with bamboo forests and water springs on the way until we arrive at our lunch stop – Ramghai. After lunch, the trail gradually ascends until we reach our guesthouse at Tikhedhunga. Overnight stay is at the guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani
Today, we ascend approximately 1000 metres as the trail rises and crosses small rivulets and river springs. At around 2080 meters, we stop briefly at a traditional Magar village, Ulleri before heading off for the village of Nangethanti, where we will eat lunch.
After lunch we trek for another couple of hours before we reach our overnight destination, Ghorepani. The views of the Himalayan mountains here are stunning, notably mountains DhaulagiriI and Tukuche. The sunrise view from Ghorepani is well worth rising for. Overnight stay is at a guest house.
Day 06: Trek to Tadapani
Today, we wake up early so we can climb to the famous view point of Poon Hill where we can take in the marvellous panorama of the Dhauligiri, Annapurna and Manaslu peaks. After our side trip, we return to Ghorepani where we collect our bags and continue our journey to Deurali. Deurali offers more breathtaking views of Annapurna and the Himalayan ranges. After crossing a small river, we climb another 30 minutes where beautiful Tadapani village welcomes us. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 07: Trek to Ghandruk
Today’s hike is just three hours to Ghandruk, passing through forests where you can find monkeys and a variety of birds. Ghandruk is the second largest Gurung village in Nepal. From Ghandruk, we continue to enjoy wonderful views of Annapurna South and Fishtail. Overnight stay is at a guesthouse.
Day 08: Back to Pokhara
Today, we trek to Pokhara from Ghandruk. On the way, we pass through Seuli Bazzar and cross the Modi River. Lunch is at Birethanti. The trek continues to Nayapul and meets the road where we will take a bus back to Pokhara. Overnight stay is at a hotel.
Day 09-11: Relax in Pokhara
You have three free days to relax in Pokhara. You will visit an ayurvedic healing centre to enjoy ayurvedic healing massage, therapeutic baths and retreat activities. There is an option for more sightseeing as well. Overnight stay is at a hotel/retreat centre.
Day 12: Drive to Chitwan
On this day, we drive to Chitwan National Park for wildlife activities. It is 170 km drive to the southern plain of Nepal. After checking in at the resort, you will take lunch and then take part in several wildlife activities. The nature guide will brief you about the whole program for the following day. Overnight stay is at the resort.
Day 13: Jungle activities
Today we participate in a full day of jungle activities in the national park. You can choose from a wide range of activities including: elephant safari, canoe ride, ox cart ride, elephant bath, visiting the elephant breeding centre, nature walks, and more. Overnight stay is at a resort.
Day 14: Back to Kathmandu
After a relaxing morning followed by lunch, we drive back to Kathmandu from Chitwan. Overnight stay is in a hotel.
Day 15: Departure from Kathmandu, Farewell!
It is the day to say good bye! We will drop you at the Tribhuvan International Airport to return to your hometown or your onward destination.
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Transfer to the dinner place
- T-shirt and farewell souvenir
- All transportation by road in private vehicle
- Entrance fees and permits to the conservation area
- Entrance fees to the heritage sites
- Twin share room with breakfast in all hotels (3-4 star), resort and lodge
(Single supplement is an additional $300 AUD)
- Safari activities in Chitwan
- Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu, and nature tour in Chitwan
- All meals during the trek and Chitwan visit.
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation fees. International and local airfares and airport departure taxes. Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. Personal shopping and laundry. Personal trekking equipment (walking poles, boots, jackets etc).
- Meals in Kathmandu (except for the welcome dinner), Pokhara and on the way to Chitwan.